True Happiness isn´t found in material things but in having a close relationship with God.
How did I know that? I didn´t copy that quote somewhere else, I learned it firsthand.
For a girl who grew up penurious, I always longed for a time when I could own a lot. Armed with my God-given wit and determination, I completed my teaching degree through a scholarship, got my first teaching job at twenty, went to teach abroad at twenty-two, and spent a decade working nonstop to help my family climb out of poverty and support my siblings´ education.
When the time came that I could finally enjoy the fruits of my labor, my siblings‘ established their own careers and my family started working towards financial independence, I fed myself with material things, all that were lacking growing up. I retired from teaching, moved to Europe, and became a full-time fashion blogger. I built a large wardrobe, owned clothes and shoes more than I could wear, and travelled to places which I always dreamed to visit.
For a time I was happy … but not for long.
In my pursuit of material things and worldly success, I strayed away from God. I stopped reading the Bible and stopped sharing God´s good news to others. Although I still prayed and went to church, my relationship with God ceased to be meaningful. I only approached Him when I needed something.
After three years of finding success online as a fashion blogger, I became bored, uninspired and dissatisfied. I was happy when I shopped, I felt great when hubby and I were travelling, I looked my best when I did outfit posts, and I was inspired when I collaborated with advertisers. But afterwards, I was back to feeling void. I started to question my purpose in life. I started to evaluate my lifestyle.
Many people have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose. ~ Helen Keller
What is my purpose in life? Why am I not happy enough? Could it be that because I am not doing what God calls me to do?
After months of confusion and lackluster, I found myself reading the Bible. The more I read and meditated on God´s words, the more I found peace, contentment and happiness. It was in the silence of my kitchen when I heard God´s still, small voice telling me to write about Him. He had told me this before, but I said “No.” I opted to write about fashion and trends. Now He´s calling me again, and this time, I said “Yes.”
Since I decided to renew my relationship with God, I spend more time talking to Him and reading His love letters. It became apparent to me that my purpose in life is to share this true happiness that I found to other women.
Happysis.com will help you make some real changes in your life:
- learn to live a happier life (by having a close relationship with God).
- learn to fix your hope and faith in God because He is the most loving, the most powerful, and the only One permanent.
- learn to love yourself because God loves you as His own precious daughter. Then learn to love your neighbors as yourself.
- build your self-confidence and improve self-esteem based from God´s gifts of love, faith, humility, strength and talents.
- develop a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and overcome anxiety. You´re happier if you´re healthy.
- find clarity of your divine purpose in life. Live what you were meant to live.
A Few Fun Facts About Me
1. My name is Glee. I´m a (Christian) novelist wannabe based in Germany. I´m a huge fan of Francine Rivers.
2. I´m a Filipina. I was born and raised in the Philippines. I lived in my home country until I was 21.
3. I lived in Bangkok, Thailand for 6 years. I worked there as a high school Maths teacher and debate trainer in an International school. In that land I found my second home.
4. I married a Filipino who´s a German citizen. I moved to Germany in 2011. We have a cat named Orange.
5. I´m a poet. I pour my heart in poems especially when I feel sad and lonely, or if I´ve a broken heart. Through my husband´s request, I wrote the beautiful poem, “I Love You”, the first poem I ever penned which depicts joy and happiness. It was included in a collection of the most touching love poems around the web.
6. I was raised in a religious home. My father is a volunteer evangelist who spends his free time visiting the sick (he relieves their pain by giving them free medical massage), helping the needy, and giving one-on-one Bible studies to those who wanted to accept Jesus as their personal Savior. Growing up I always accompanied my papa on those late night Bible studies, which gave me opportunities to learn more about God and the Bible.
7. I delivered my first sermon when I was thirteen, a sophomore in secondary school. But I prepared a rather too long sermon which compelled my father to stand at the back of the congregation, across the pulpit, and gave me a “wrap it up now!” signal.
8. Before I strayed away from God, I had a really close relationship with Him. He often communicated with me through dreams. God led me to meet the persons (mostly women), who wanted to know about Him and to whom I gave Bible studies, through dreams. But the dreams disappeared when I got busy chasing worldly things.
9. I have a very soft heart for the poor, the homeless, the orphaned kids, the stray dogs and cats, and the abused elephants and other animals.
10. I don´t eat pork and seafoods. Although I´m not a vegetarian, I try to eat as much vegetables and fruits as I could. I´m currently working towards eliminating softdrinks in my household and replacing it with homemade fresh juice and smooties.
11. I don´t wear jewelries. I was probably the only fashion blogger who didn´t wear earrings, necklaces, rings and other jewelries. My husband and I don´t wear wedding ring.
12. I´m a Seventh Day Adventist. I go to church and worship God on Sabbath, the seventh day of the week.